Saturday 22 August 2009

Craftacular!










Today Walter, my Mum and I went to the Bust Craftacular in Bethnal Green, London. The venue, York Hall, is famous in London for hosting boxing matches.

Walter was excited about going on the trains and going to London again! We left home at about 11am and got to Bethnal Green station about 1 hour later. Not bad going!

When we got there we were surprised to see a massive queue going right round the corner of the street to get into the craft fair! We joined the end and waited. The first 100 people there got a goodie bag, but we were no way in the first 100 lol!

Inside there were 50 vendors selling all sorts of fab handmade items, music from live DJ's and a coffee shop. I love craft fairs, and Walter was very happy to be amongst crafty people! We had a good look round at the lovely vendors stuff and I bought too much, as usual! Walter helped me pick out some cute handmade toys, including 2 sock monsters and a bear! He made friends instantly and wanted me to buy more so he could get to make even more friends, but I ran out of money lol! We saw this really funny badge at one of the stalls and Walter said Hilary would like it, so we got it! We also picked up loads of business cards, which I'm gonna send onto Hilary too :D We also entered a raffle - I think they email the winner so fingers crossed!

On the way back to the train we were all very hungry, so we stopped off at McDonalds. Walter had a veggie burger, fries and a coke. We got back on the train and were back in Basildon in about 1 hour. My Mum needed to pop into town to look for a book for my Dad, so Walter got to see a bit of Basildon Town Centre! I plan on taking him shopping with us before he goes back to America, so we'll get some pics then :D

A nice day was had by all! And on the train my Mum and I discussed the possibility of going to Southend one evening with Walter so he can see the worlds longest pier! Here's hoping!!

No comments:

Post a Comment